Although I can't leave the house without makeup, I consider myself a newbie palang when it comes to this department. I am low-maintenance parin even when blogging and events require me to use kahit minimal makeup lang just to look presentable. That's why okay na ako with just bold kilay + cheek tint + lipstick... Aside from lack of makeup application skills, I am almost always pressed with time! This made me a fan of makeup with multiple purposes. For the convenience narin, the price, and for being user-friendly!
Here's a quality new discovery that I am sure I'll enjoy!
Founder and Creative Director François Nars takes one of the brand’s most innovative and iconic products and adds a modern twist on the cult classic:
I attended the Philippine launch of this new product yesterday at the Seda Hotel in The Fort.
Available in 7 shades from ginger pink to golden bronze, the Matte Multiple features a creamy, lightweight formula that delivers buildable, long-lasting, hydrating color for lips and cheeks:
Best applied with your hands, with the natural heat generated by your fingers to make blending more natural and smooth:
During the media launch yesterday, international makeup artist Janice Daoud held a makeup workshop using classic NARS products, and their new Matte Multiple:
To achieve this look:
1) Toni’s skin was first prepped with Light Optimizing Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 and perfected with Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in St. Moritz.
2) Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger was used to cover and blend any imperfections.
3) Cappadoce Matte Multiple was applied directly to the hollows of the cheekbone then blended outwards with fingertips to contour the cheeks and lend skin a matte, sun-kissed look.
4) Anguilla Matte Multiple was applied to the apples of her cheeks for a fresh, rosy flush with a smooth, seamless finish.
5) A thick line of Mambo Eyeliner Pencil was applied directly to Toni’s clean, bare upper lash line and blended up to the brow bone to create a soft, smoky brown base.
6) Both shades of Portobello Duo Eyeshadow were swept across the eyelid and along the lower lash line for a dramatic and sultry effect.
7) Via Veneto Larger Than Life® Long-Wear Eyeliner defines the upper and lower lash lines connecting at both the inner and outer corners of the eye.
8) Two coats of Larger than Life® Volumizing Mascara were brushed on lashes.
9) Finally, brows were defined with Brow Perfector in Salzbourg then set with Brow Gel in Oural.
10) To complete the look, Matte Multiple in Exumas was applied over Toni’s entire lip and blended with fingertip to a soft finish.
Janice Daoud commends Regina Belmonte's NARS contoured look, and bright lips! :)
Contouring tip is to place your opposite hand, palm flat in your face, and then trace the cheekbones area across your thumb and pointy finger:
Wet vs Dry: The NARS Matte Multiple comes with an innovative formula that can be applied dry for a soft yet vibrant matte effect, or wet for a rich and vivid finish that melts into skin.
Enjoyed the makeup event with my fellow NARSissist Sarah, Angela, and Mikki!
Swatches! Sarah and Angela testing the Matte Multiple for their blogs:
The problem is always what shade should I get?! :D
Here are the 7 available tones for the NARS Matte Multiple:
NARS Altai Matte Multiple
NARS Anguilla Matte Multiple
NARS Cappadoce Matte Multiple
NARS Exumas Matte Multiple
NARS Laos Matte Multiple
NARS Siam Matte Multiple
NARS Vientiane Matte Multiple
NARS brings vibrant pops of color and sensual sun-kissed hues to lips and cheeks with the new Matte Multiple! Even the nude / brown shades will look good as everyday lipstick! As the makeup newbie, I am excited to experiment with a tube! To quote Ms. Janice Daoud during the makeup workshop:
"It's just makeup, it comes off SO JUST HAVE FUN. In NARS, we have no rules!"
The Nars Matte Multiple will be available on April 2014 in Rustans for Php2,250.
Follow @rustansthebeautysource on Instagram and Facebook for more info and updates!