The family loves Resorts World! And by family, yan na ang mga relatives na ang lakas-mag-aya, the titos and titas and the parentals--who all love the slot machines and the affordable buffet (haha). Haven't really maximized my Resorts World experience, but there was a time (and matagal tagal na period of time din to) that, bilang self-employed, I used my Resorts World Manila Card as "valid ID", haha. Lahat ata kami may RW membership card! :D
Anyway, learned that the country's first and premiere one-stop, nonstop tourism destination is celebrating their anniversary with a grand 105 days of daily THRILLS (naku matutuwa lalo nyan relatives ko, haha). Attended the One, Two, Thrill event last August 2 at the Passion Restaurant, Maxims--the launch of RW's anniv celebration dubbed as THRILLATHON. I want to find out more on the thrilling lineup of activities na sabi nila will last for three-and-a-half months -- only Resorts World can come up with something bongga like this a!
Event's host DJ Slide:
Stephen Reilly, Chief Operating Officer for Resorts World Manila:
Intro to Resorts World Manila's PUJ Art Contest:
"Hey there's a look in your eyes, must be love at first sight.."
Plakado! Gino Padilla performed his classic Closer you and I during the lunch:
Surprise! It's The Voice of the Philippines (and bet ng bayan) Mitoy! Ang galing nya lalo pag live!
Ang sarap ng kain ko nyan!
Other guests and Thrillapalooza performers: Nyoy Volante (with Renz Verano - August 17), Mark Mabasa (August 24), Liezel Garcia (September 27), Markki Stroem and Princess Velasco (August 30):
Classic crooners for Thrillapalooza:
Java and Janno Gibbs (August 2), 80s superstars Raymond Launchengco, Gino Padilla, and Randy Santiago (August 9), Jay Durias and Angeline Quinto (August 10), Eric Santos and True Faith (August 16), Wally and Jose (August 23), The Company and Mark Mabasa (August 24), Markki Stroem and Princess Velasco (August 30), Richard Reynoso, Rannie Raymundo, Chad Borja, and Renz Verano (August 31).
Favorite part: They all performed for us! :)
Birit kung birit!
Enjoyed To Love Somebody spontaneous performance by this trio - Mitoy, Arthur Manuntag, and Nyoy Volante - ang galeng!
Capped the event with a bongga raffle - with Maxims Hotel's The Mansion accommodation as grand prize!
Sayang hina ata ng dasal ko that time, hehe.
Aside from the numerous performances for Thrillapalooza, here are other THRILLATON activities (Mark your calendars!!! :)) -
- Cinemathon: (Aug 2 - Oct1) P125 movies for members of iGrab and RWM, for Cinemas 2,3, and 4 from 12NN to 6PM.
- Book-A-Thon:(Aug 16-18) famous authors will visit the Newport Mall Plaza for mini workshops, book signing, and meet&greets!
- Thrill Em All: (Aug 26-Sept1) weeklong sale with extended mall hours!
- Chocolate Festival: (Sept 2) chocolate exhibit and sale! :p
- Ready Set Travel: (Sept20-22) Travel fair!
- Oktoberfest: (Oct1-31) Php20 beer throughout the property...plus German food delights at RWM dining outlets! (calling SARAH!!!)
- Halloween Mystic Carnival: (Oct20-21) RW's own carnival themed Halloween (fun!) with fortune-telling booths, creature and hero displays, a Cosplay parade featuring Alodia Gosiengfiao, a the Walking Dead Season 4 viewers party, a Trick or Thrill for the kids on Oct27, and a Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31!
See you in RW!?? :)