Graduation Gift Suggestions
Nung ako ang nag graduate (7years ago? Lol) my titas showered me with blue bills every time makita ko sila--na sobrang thankful ako that time. Job hunting, cut na ang baon from mother, and endless celebration/travel with friends entail all the extra cash that I can get. Other than, well, money, here are other useful gift ideas for your beloved fresh grad friend/ sister/ cousin.
1) Powerbank - With all the text, internet surfing, and calls, hindi ko alam paano ako mabubuhay without my portable charger. Uso noon makikisaksak sa coffee shop tapos isang kape lang bibilhin mo--kaso death stare naman and aabutin mo. Give your fresh grad a Powerbank with Wifi Router na, useful for all the job hunt and calls. I even saw one on sale in Lazada!
2) Travel Ticket - Your fresh grad deserves all-out celebration of finishing school. Give him/her the gift of experience during this break before they head out to the "real world".
3) New Phone - A cute smartphone like an iPhone 5C is perfect for the soon-to-be on-the-go newly employed.
4) Investment Bag or Watch - Gadgets come and go, a lot of them depreciate in value--but not your investment bags and watches and even wallets. Head over to Lazada PH for great deals on Michael Kors and other brands.
5) Nice set of Clothes - I am thinking of a decent set of basics that he/she can mix and match for series of job interviews or even on first day of work!
I can still remember all the feels of being a fresh grad--Sobrang high, excited, AND sagad-sa-buto nerve wracking to be in that in between phase where you are unsure of what's next and what to expect in the new (umm sorry cliche) chapter in your life. This may be an expensive list, but it's a list that will be appreciated of a well-deserved person close to you who have worked hard for more or less 15-friggin-years of school.
No joke yun... So a big big CONGRATS to all my readers who are 2014 grads!