Super excited ako to blog about this cause eto na talaga ang tunay na "story of my life". Haha. When I was a teenager, never ko naging problema ang pimples that most people my age had to go through. I was blessed with "kahit anong sabon ang nasa CR, ok gamitin", lol. When I graduated, though, my imbalance started. I also took diet pills which I think affected my whole system. And with all the "blogging perks" including free soaps, facials, moisturizers, sunblock, lightening pills, creams, etcetera, I tried everything which I think caused me my worst breakout ever:
I had to grab these photos pa from Niche's Facebook from circa 2012 wine night (haha) cause that time, dinelete ko na lahat ng pictures obvious ang pimples ko. Lakas maka low self-esteem, dagdag with the fact na kaka-braces ko lang. :p
Although I blame trying out and layering all sorts of products because of blogging, I also thank blogging for introducing me to Flawless Face and Body Clinic. I had 1 event with them in their main office, met their CEO the generous Ms. Rubby Sy, and watched their aesthetician trainings--sold na ako to give their Advanced Acne Control Facial a try (Php980/session).
After months of going to MyFlawless for my monthly treatment, with my own money I finally availed their 8+4 promo (pay for 8 sessions, and get 4 sessions free). I already consumed the 7 sessions, 2 were used by my sister who also saw changes sa face nya after going to MyFlawless monthly.
With this card, I go to Flawless religiously na talaga once a month. I stopped using any soap except for a basic sulfur soap that I used before all the blogging freebies. I also go out of the house with no products sa face, even powder, and just use pang kilay, lip tint, lipstick, and paminsanang eyeliner for my makeup routine.
What I love also about Flawless is their service (flawless din!). I wait in their comfortable reception area for my turn. Most of the time naman weekday ako nagpupunta so di mashado matao, and no need to book for an appointment.
Before the facial, your aesthetician will let you use the restroom since a treatment will go for 1 to 1 and a half hours, and let you keep your valuables in the designated cabinet just below your treatment seat. She will also show and let you sign your "hygienic kit", sterilised and wrapped to ensure that tools that they'll be using for every client's facial are clean. A thick head wrap will be placed to keep your hair away from your face.
As far as I can remember, here the steps in Advanced Acne Control Facial:
1) It starts with aromatherapy, the therapist lets you breathe peppermint oil to relax before the actual session.
2) Cleansing - using foam cleanser, to remove makeup and excess dirt and oil.
3) Softening cream
4) Cotton pads with eye cream were placed in the eyes before the steam. During my latest visit last Sunday, my therapist also placed lip gloss to moisturize my lips!
5) Steam - around 20 minutes, to open up pores before extraction.
6) While waiting, hands will be massaged and then wrapped with warm bead wraps, and sealed with cute pink fluffy mittens!
7) Vacuum / Suction to make pricking more bearable.
8) Alcohol-free toner
9) The pinaka dusa sa lahat: Pricking! Haha.
10) Gauze+Laser - to close pores
12) Mask - I love the cold mask that comes with this facial. Relaxing and super mabango, plus may option to cover even the eyes and mouth.
13) Final anti-inflammatory cream
Aside from the Advance Acne Control Facial, here are the other services from Flawless. Because my facial is so effective, I am excited to try some of these as well, and also their anti-acne facial products. Any users here? :)
Of course, kailangan my "after" photos! Haha! I guess it's safe to say I've been going for my monthly Flawless facial na for a year! #AlagangFlawless!
No photoshop, and I don't use foundation and concealer na! I still get 1-2 pimples from time to time lalo na pag nasestress or "that time of the month", but overall, I am proud and confident of my skin more than ever. :)
For more info and updates, visit: