I love my Sun Cell network, but I have no brand loyalty when it comes to phones (lol). During Nokia's golden glory during my early college years, I tried Alcatel's sleek flip phone just because. And now, with the reigning popularity of iPhone and Samsung, why explore another brand of cellphone? Let me count the ways.
1) It is a beautiful phone that looks expensive than its actual price. Here's an OOTD inspired by the Xiaomi Redmi 1S: All-black and sleek. What I love most about this phone is its matte black cover, minimalist feel, and scratch-resistant glass.
2) Speaking of price, this phone is extremely affordable. Xiaomi products like the Mi 3, Mi Power Bank, and Mi accessories are well-known for their reasonable price tags. With the Redmi 1S, this highperformance smartphone is sold in Lazada for ₱5599 only!
3) Dual-sim feature for those with separate personal and work phones, and for those who often travel internationally. I hate having 2 phones because I panic every time I can't find the other unit, or both phones suddenly ring at the same time. But this is inevitable nowadays! With the Redmi 1S, the phone has dualstandby capability which makes it possible to send and receive text messages and calls on two mobile numbers seamlessly.
4) The Redmi 1S has a 1.6GHz processor with Cortex-A7 core for amazing performance with great battery life. In short, it is the perfect device for all mobile Internet, communications, and gaming needs. Instagram pa more!
5) Size matters. With its 4.7-inch 1280 x 720 (HD) IPS display, the Redmi 1S delivers superfine text and crisp photos and still keeps the phone handy and lightweight.
6) Good camera quality. The Redmi 1S features "8MP rear camera with ƒ/2.2 aperture for 1080p video recording, and a front 1.6MP camera" - or in plain linggo for the not so techie like me - nice selfies and IG OOTDs! Tip: Aside from the standard way of taking photos, you can also use the volume button or long press on the focusing square for easy capturing of images.
Samples of my no-filter selfies!
Aside from these, the Redmi 1S also has a flashlight (essential to sakin!) that you can utilize by just a long-press of the home button. Moreover, it is also flash drive compatible (micro-USB connector required) which means I can easily transfer photos and files. I am excited that I can also take more pictures and videos with this phone, especially during travels, because the Redmi 1S has expandable memory (via a microSD card). Will test its quality for OOTD and travel photos next! ;)
The Redmi 1S is available via Xiaomi's e-commerce partner Lazada Philippines. For more info and updates, visit Xiaomi's website, Facebook, and Twitter / Instagram @miPhilippines.
Black Sweater and Chambray Polo - Forever 21 | Jeans - Uniqlo | Oxfords - Topshop | Bag - Kenneth Cole | Photos - @sarahtirona