My skincare involves facial wash and monthly facials, and that's about it! Although these helped me a lot from my former bad acne condition, I currently have NO skincare routine to help me maintain a beautiful and healthy skin. Nope, I've even stopped wearing sunblock.
Good thing a visit to my Ate's favorite store encouraged me to be more conscious of what I put (and not put!) on my face on a daily basis. This was in Kiehl's Greenbelt 5 earlier:
Kiehl's actually started as an old-apothecary in my favorite city New York 163 years ago. It has a very rich history, a mix of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, herbal, and medicinal knowledge developed through the generations.
Born in New York, the store look is as bright as the "city that never sleeps".
Went to the intimate event with Tracy:
Kiehl's as a brand is a good mix of quirky and serious. For me, they have the most fun look for a skincare shop, chandeliers and motorcycles as "signature" designs since their very first store in NYC's East Village. Meanwhile, they also take their products seriously.
Guests were welcomed to the event with treats and yummy cereal milk drink from Milk Man Dairy Bar:
Then we learned more about the brand's story through Kiehl's Bianca Sing. Hi AJ!
And because Kiehl's started out as a full-service pharmacy, offering clients with homeopathic and herbal remedies, essential oils, over-the-counter drugs, it's easy to say that their products are all based on well-researched formulas by experts in pharmaceutics and chemistry. They then developed their product range in the 1960s into the quality and extensive line of skin and hair care products that we enjoy today.
Meanwhile, I also tried their free skin consultation to find out not only what my skin type is, but also what my skin needs. I like what the Kiehl's Customer Representative (KCR) told me about the brand, Kiehl's concern is more about an individual's lifestyle.
With Kiehl's early traditions in dispensing advice on prescriptions to its customers, its well-trained staff today continues to "prescribe" a personal care regimen that is most appropriate for the individual's skin, hair, and body care needs. I like that they also just recommend, and never push.
Btw, with this Kiehl's tool, my KCR was able to determine that my skin type is Normal to Oily. :p
After that, the KCR recommended products that would work well with my skin type, age, and general lifestyle. Since I'm already 29, prone to sun exposure because I commute, and always in front of the laptop because of my work, she recommended products from the Powerful Wrinkle line. Medyo prevention phase na ako since I'm not getting any younger.
I'll keep on using my current facial wash along with these Kiehl's products. The Powerful Wrinkle Pore Reducing Cream is a new favorite, plus I have a new sunscreen!
Here are the other lines from Kiehl's:
They also have a whole area dedicated to the "Ultimate Man", a contrast to its competitors since Kiehl's men's line is more extensive and not just an after-thought section. They actually have 30 to 40 percent male clients because of their non-intimidating, authentic, and fun products.
Hair and Body Treatments, and even a line dedicated to babies:
Gift sets for your mom, dad, brother, sister, gal pal, and guy buddy:
Top 10 Kiehl's Customer Favorites:
Ending this post with fun trivias / new discoveries about the brand:
1) The Motorcycles - Kiehl's has gained a reputation for generous sampling, a try-before-you-buy philosophy that has built loyal fan base around the world. They used to deliver samples in the neighborhood with a motorcycle, thus they have vintage motorbikes in all their stores even today!
2) Kiehl's KCRs wear a lab gown uniform to represent their pharmaceutical roots, and how everything in their store is based on science.
3) Kiehl's has an unorthodox marketing approach, they sell by not selling. They don't even pay for celebrity endorsers to promote them. They believe that the quality and effectiveness of their products will do its part, and word-of-mouth of actual users brought them where they are now.
4) Products and packaging are simple and straightforward, the brand focuses more on what's inside these tubes and bottles.
5) A favorite story, Kiehl's most favorite moisturizer Ultra Facial Cream was tested by climbers summiting Mt. Everest in 1988. What better way to try if a moisturizer will reeeeally keep your skin from drying and chapping than in an extreme condition, sold ako agad!
6) Kiehl's is involved in many philanthropic causes, including children's well-being, AIDS research and prevention, and the environment. Kiehl's pact to our environment includes these "Recycle and be Rewarded" boxes in their every store, where you can deposit empty boxes, bottles and tubes.
7) And of course, the original Kiehl's store at the Third Avenue and East 13th Street is still alive and running! Would love to visit this shop someday. :)
Thank you so much Kiehl's Philippines for this experience! Excited to have a better routine with products that have been proven effective time and again. I think Kiehl's cool packaging and good reputation are enough for me to finally keep a skincare regimen.
Visit Kiehl's in Greenbelt 5, in front of Zara. For Cebu residents, Kiehl's has finally opened at the 1st floor of Phase 2, Ayala Center, Cebu! For more information about Kiehl's, visit www.kiehls.com, and follow them on FACEBOOK, Instagram @KiehlsPhilippines, and Twitter @KiehlsPH