Taking selfies is a "normal" thing these days, "selfie" was even included in the Oxford dictionary as an official word in 2013. Taking selfies is a way to either keep memories or just because ang ganda ng makeup ko today (lol). In Korea, they call selfies "selca" 셀카 for Self + Camera.
Trying to take a selfie by the photo wall during Vivo's event last January 21 at the Mall of Asia-Atrium. Hi Kuya! Haha!
I am not much of a selfie-taker, but I learned a lot from my blogger friends! Haha! Here are some of these "techniques" for an Instagram-worthy selfie:
1) Know your angle.. But taking a photo with your camera slightly tilted up is the usual go-to. It makes your face look slimmer, plus your eyes open up and look brighter when you look from that angle!
Vivo Philippines' ambassador Verniece Enciso:
2) Find your light for better quality pictures.
3) Check your background or use cute props.
The Bokeh Booth during the Vivo event shows night cityscape, which makes a good background for a selfie.
4) Grab your friends for a less-awkward "Groufie".
5) Pose! I just learned that placing your hand or a peace sign next to your face is an old strategy by selfie-expert Koreans to make face look smaller. Now you know why I've been abusing this pose these days, haha!
6) Use a selfie stick! It doesn't show your arm as opposed to the usual selfie, and it takes a wider shot which is perfect when you travel and want to have more background and not just your face occupying your frame.
7) Take photos with your back camera, unless you're using a good quality camera phone front cam!
Vivo Philippines recently launched the new Vivo V5 Plus, the most advanced selfie-technology to date!
KZ Tandingan performed during the event:
The Vivo V5 Plus has the world's first-ever dual front-facing cameras, with 20-megapixel IMX376, co-engineered with SONY. The secondary 8-megapixel camera was designed to collect depth-of-field information (blurry background effect we usually see in pictures taken with SLRs!).
Like in this Vivo V5 Plus selfie taken by the girl in white, blurry na ako sa likod. Galing!
Vivo V5 Plus also features enhanced face beauty algorithm so you'll only need to apply minimal editing or filters. It also takes hi-res front cam photos even in low lighting conditions.
By the way, I used the Vivo V5 Plus front camera for all the photos with cityscape background in this post! So what do you think of the quality?
SRP of the Vivo V5 Plus is Php 19,990.
For more information about this selfie expert camera phone, visit vivoglobal.ph, or like Vivo Philippines on FACEBOOK, Instagram and Twitter @vivophil.