Cebu Pacific assures everyJuan with an essential or immediate need to travel that they are more ready than ever to accompany them on a safe journey to their desired destinations.
In preparation for the "new normal" in travels, Cebu Pacific rolls out measures for contactless flights including social distancing and minimal face-to-face interactions between passengers and staff.
Here are the following guidelines:
1. Safety on ground- All Cebu Pacific ground staff are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) while on duty.
Self-check in kiosks, check-in and bag drop counters, as well as shuttle buses will be undergoing frequent cleaning and disinfection procedures to ensure a clean environment.
Alcohol-based hand sanitizers will also be stationed at CEB passenger areas for guest and staff use.
2. Self-check in and no-touch boarding - Prior to their flights, passengers are strongly advised to check-in online for faster processing and lesser human contact.
Travelers will also be expected to come to the airport at least tow (2) hours early as check-in counters will be closed 60 minutes before their flights.
When carrying more than two (2) luggages, assign only one representative to go to the baggage drop-off counter.
Upon boarding, passengers will be required to hold out their boarding passes with the barcode facing the airline staff, for touchless scanning.
3. Changes in inflight experience - Wearing face masks will be mandatory for all passengers for the duration of the flight.
Passengers will have to stow their own hand-carry bags in the overhead bins and will be expected to practice self-disposal of trash and waste at the end of the flight.
Middle seats will be kept vacant as much as possible to give way for social distancing on board.
Cabin crew members will also be strictly implementing no changing of seats during the flight.
Orderly deplaning procedures must also be observed by everyone on board.
4. Rapid crew testing before flights - Pilots and cabin crew members will undergo rapid antibody testing to ensure that they are healthy and in top condition before boarding their flights.
They will be given their own PPEs and face masks to be worn on duty, gloves for servicing passengers, as well as disinfectants to be used to clean the aisles and seats in the cabin.
Operating crew cleared for flights will also be given PPEs and will be trained to assist and isolate guests on board, as needed.
5. Keeping cabin air clean and safe - The airline’s fleet of Airbus jets are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Arrestor (HEPA) filters to block microscopic bacteria and virus clusters, including the Novel CoronaVirus, with 99.9% efficiency.
By average, air inside the cabin is also changed every 3 minutes to maintain fresh and clean air.
6. Intensified aircraft cleaning measures - Airline has also put in effect thorough daily disinfection of all aircraft which follows procedures approved by the Bureau of Quarantine and World Health Organization.
These include misting of the cabin using a disinfectant approved for Airbus jets, as well as regular sanitation of all surfaces inside lavatories—from walls, sink, mirror, knobs, toilet bowl, and floors in between flights.
All lavatories will also be sanitized every 30 minutes during a flight.
With these safety measures, Cebu Pacific is looking forward to safe and mindful travels as everyJuan eases into the new normal and gets ready to fly again.
For urgent concerns, passengers can contact Cebu Pacific via website (http://bit.ly/CEBrequest) or contact +63288027070.
Latest announcements can also be found on CEB’s official Twitter (@CebuPacificAir) and Facebook pages.