Back-to School Tips for Kids with Dr. Kong
Rain, month of June, and a super crowded National Bookstore (haha!) - just some of the signs of a new school year! Here are some back-to-school tips to help prepare your kid:
1) Practice your routine. Few days before the actual first day of school, encourage your child to wake up early and practice getting up and preparing for school at the same time everyday.
2) Make first day of school a fun tradition. In my family, we used to beat the first day jitters by asking mom to make our first day of school breakfast a feast to look-forward to. It makes the day more exciting (than dreaded), plus the good food energized us for the long day ahead.
3) Shop for all school requirements together. Let your kid choose a couple of his school tools on his own, like notebooks with his favorite cartoon characters, pencils in his favorite color. This will get your child excited for school, and feel prepared as well.
4) Have a specific homework and study time. For kids, it's not everyday that they get to take home schoolwork, but make it a habit for the young ones to spend an hour reviewing their day's lessons even when they don't have assignments. My mom used to make "tests" for us based on our day's lessons.
5) Comfort is key. Make your child feel at his or her best with the right school shoes and backpack. Dr. Kong shoes are durable, comfortable, and healthy shoes that gives maximum support. Plus, take advantage of their free foot assessment in their stores.
Meanwhile, Dr. Kong backpacks are spine-pressure-free school bags option that effectively prevent round shoulder and neck-shoulder-back pressure. The brand boasts of their durable products, so for sure these shoes and bag will last all throughout the school year.
Visit Dr. Kong Philippines:
2/L Robinsons Magnolia
3/L Midtown Wing Robinsons Place Manila,
3/L SM Aura Premier
G/F Sekai Center Greenhills
G/F Promenade Greenhills