My "Cirque Du Soleil: TORUK" Experience
Where do I get inspiration? Other than in traveling, I love catching a good show whether it's a concert or theater. I love seeing performers giving their all, and an all-out production serving magic through beautiful set designs, costumes, lights, and sounds. Who will not be inspired to see live art in front of them??!
Last June 23, I was able to watch the Manila leg of Cirque du Soleil's Toruk: The First Flight at the Mall of Asia Arena. I had zero expectations, but I knew I was in for a treat! If it's the international group Cirque du Soleil, it just means you're watching something world-class!
I was invited to the press launch by Concertus Manila, thank you for having me! Now here are the different things that I enjoyed at the show:
1) Pre-show voice over thanking the sponsors, signalling the guests on how many waiting hours left, and directing us to download their app is legit Na'vi inspired, nakaka takot ng slight! Haha! But it adds to the whole feel of the prod even before it started!
2) Anywhere you're seated, the view is good! I love the stage set-up smacked in the middle of MOA Arena, the play of lights in every scene, and how the stage crew dressed in black Na'vi costumes smoothly change the set! Everything's considered in this production!
3) They have an app that you can download before the show so that your phone will light simultaneously with the rest of the audience and the scene happening on stage! Love it, adds to the whole experience!
4) The stunts are all buwis-buhay and breath-taking! It might look easy, but that's because of the flawless execution!
5) Story line is amazing! No need to watch or rewatch the Avatar movie, you will enjoy this show regardless.
6) The whole stage feels alive! I can go on an on about the visual treat! In short, get ready to be mesmerized on how they maximized lights, projector, and cloth to make the whole set look real!
7) It's for everybody! Bring your family and friends, your lola and bunso. The crowd during the opening night was a good mix of people of all ages!
The show is till tomorrow only, July 2! Make sure not to miss this chance to watch Cirque Du Soleil live here in Manila! You can get your tickets via SM Tickets.
Thank you again
@ConcertusManila for having me!