Last year, I finally got my Multiple Korean Visa. It took me 7 tries to finally acquire one, I was only granted Single Entry Visas during my last visits. This was during the time when you can still apply directly at the Korean Embassy in Manila. A lot has changed in a span of a year, so I am sharing here an updated version of my post on Korean Visa Application for Philippine Passport holders. I hope you get your visas in time for Winter!
This post is in partnership with a trusted travel agency Bella Vita Trips. Here's an informative interview with BVT to help you with your own Korean visa application process.
Can you tell us about the updated process of Korean visa application for Filipinos?
BVT: There are a lot of changes with the process of a Korean visa application for Filipinos.
First, you do not have to fall in line in the embassy anymore, all you have to do is approach us (a travel agency) to help you process your application.
Secondly, processing time was from 7 to 10 working days, now it is 30 to 35 working days.
There is also no expedite process option for a regular tourist visa anymore. They can only offer it for business purposes such as attending convention/conference, or a company invites the applicant for business purposes in Korea. However, we still need to know the departure date of the client, so we can check/work on it to get expedite processing for business visa applicant.
How long should you submit your requirements prior a Korea trip?
BVT: Applicants should submit their applications 35 working days prior to their departure. The Korean visa processing time can take up to 30 - 35 working days.
TIP No. 1: MAKE SURE TO APPLY FOR YOUR KOREAN VISA IN ADVANCE, AT LEAST A MONTH OR 1.5 MONTHS BEFORE YOUR TRIP!
What are the requirements to get a Korean visa?
TIP No. 2: MAKE SURE TO SUBMIT EVERYTHING!
- Original passport (must be valid for more than 6 months)
- Two (2) pcs. passport size photo (colored, and in white background)
- Original and photocopy of valid visa/s and arrival stamps to OECD member countries for the past five (5) years (if applicable only) - See all 34 OECD countries HERE
- Original PSA birth certificate
- Accomplished application form - You can download this HERE.
TIPS No. 3: WRITE LEGIBLY ON YOUR KOREAN VISA APPLICATION FORM, NO ERASURES AND IN ALL-CAPS. WRITE N/A ON PARTS NO APPLICABLE TO YOU. DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING BLANK.
- If married, original PSA marriage certificate
- Bank certificate with average daily balance
- Bank statement (latest 3 months)
- Photocopy of latest Income tax return
- If employed, Original certification of employment (must include: applicant's position, date hired, compensation, office address, HR landline number, and HR e-mail address)
- Photocopy of PRC card or IBP card (if applicable only)
- If business owner or self-employed, photocopy of business registration from SEC or DTI
- Photocopy of business permit or mayor's permit
- If student, original certificate
- Affidavit of support
- Photocopy of school I.D.
- Parents' documents
Also below are the additional requirements for applicants (first time South Korea travellers who have not travelled as tourist to OECD member countries within the last 5 years):
For applicants who are employed:
- 2316 Form
- Company Alphalist (Form 1604 CF with BIR received stamp)
Self-employed Applicants/Business Owners:
- BIR Form with corresponding payment receipt from BIR authorized bank
Is there a guaranteed way to get multiple Korean visa? (BPI / BDO Gold card holder, etc)
BVT: To tell you the truth, usually first time applicants that get approved automatically get single entries only. However, I have experienced a number of first time applicants that got multiple entry of 5 years and 10 years.
They did not submit a copy of their credit cards, however, these are the similarities of the applicants:
- They are either employed, self-employed or own their own businesses
- They have been to OECD countries a number of times
- They can support themselves (proof via bank documents)
Lastly, for those going to Korea this winter....
What are your top activities and spots to go to in Korea during winter season?
BVT: Here are a number of activities and tourist spots for winter. We can all offer them in our tour packages.
Ice skating/Christmas tree at city hall
Garden of Morning Calm Winter Light Display
Pocheon Herb Island Winter Light Festival
Elysian Ski Resort
Jaraseom Singsing Winter Festival
Sledding at Everland or Children's Grand Park
Daegwallyeong Sheep Farm
Alpaca World Pyeongchang
Mt. Taebaek Snow Festival
Alpensia Ski Resort
Yongpyong Ski Resort
Why Apply with Bella Vita Trips?
They are hassle-free and hands-on! Bella Vita Trips offers pick-up and drop-off services for your documents and passports. Most agencies require applicants to go to their office, however, Bella Vita Trips do the hard work for their clients so you do not have to go through the hassle of going to the agency just to submit your documents!
You can contact BVT from Mondays to Fridays, from 9am to 6:30pm, but they are also reachable even outside working hours. Pick-up and delivery times are from Mondays to Sundays. Application processing are only on regular working days. If you book your South Korea group tours with Bella Vita Trips, they have an emergency contact that you can always reach for a more convenient travel. Make sure to check them out not only for your Korea trip but other travels as well.
Again, this post is just a guide for your Korean visa application. No guarantees of not getting denied, but of course, don't give them any reasons to not give you that visa by following all their requirements and proving that you're going back. If all else fails, then you have 6 months to prepare before you can apply again. But since I want to end this post on a positive note, kayang kaya mo yan! Prepare everything, and apply with confidence. FIGHTING! ❤❤❤
Bella Vita Trips is located in:
Subic Bay Freeport Zone
For your inquiries and booking:
Call or Text: +63-917-864-2032
Visit them online: