28 Things That Matter
Read this from Bo Sanchez's blog titled Life Lessons. He listed the 45 lessons of 90-year-old(!) Regina Brett... And although they are all good, here are my 28 favorites, plus some throwback photo kwentos on how I celebrated my most recent birthdays:
1) No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
2) Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
|24th birthday salubong in a hotel with my closest high school kabarkadas!|
|Shisha party with my high school barkada during my 22nd birthday salubong!|
|Videoke and beer party, still with high school barx, on my 25th.|
3) When in doubt, just take the next small step.
4) You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
5) Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
|My madrama 21st birthday in an inuman place near USTe.|
6) When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
7) Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
8) Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
9) If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
10) Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
11) Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
12) It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
|Hotel Sofitel staycation with the Gonzales family on my 23rd |
(earned the accommodation on a writing stint for the hotel then! :))
13) If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
14) Burn the candles, use the nice sheets . Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
|A quiet but rainbow-induced special birthday at home with my family when I turned 26.|
15) Over prepare, then go with the flow.
16) Be eccentric NOW. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
|Still during my 26th, I had my first tattoo-- an eyeliner tattoo! ;p|
17) Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
18) Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
19) Forgive everyone everything.
20) What other people think of you is none of your business.
21) Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
22) However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
23) Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
24) Believe in miracles.
25) Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
|Kahit dalawa lang kami nun, "We are the par-tey!" LOL. |
Sinulog-slash-Richard Parker birthday moments with my original GF Pax last year.
26) All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
27) Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
And last but not the least:
28) The best is yet to come...
Thanks for another year! :) Love you guys!